Hurricane Ida Claims Attorneys
Louisiana Property Damage and Hurricane Claims Lawyer: (504) 475-2429
Hurricane Ida swept through Southeast Louisiana with winds of 150 miles per hour and left a devastating path of destruction. If your home or business was damaged or destroyed, you are likely overwhelmed by the complex process it takes to file your insurance claims and start rebuilding. We have been there, and we are here for you now.
How to Protect Your Rights and Your Property
Before you do anything, you should consult an attorney. At the Chopin Law Firm, we handle insurance claims for individuals and businesses and are available 24/7. The following is a checklist for immediate action you should take. It will best equip you for the road ahead.
- Step 1: Photograph as much of your damaged property as possible. Include all of your contents: clothes, plates, memorabilia, toys, etc.
- Step 2: “Mitigate your damages.” Meaning put a tarp on your roof, board up broken windows and doors and protect your property as best as you can.
- Step 3: Get your hands on your insurance policy! Every policy is different. See what it covers and what is does not. If you do not have a copy, call your agent or go online.
- Step 4: Contact FEMA. You may be eligible for any number of state and federal programs.
- Step 5: Make a detailed list of items that are either missing, destroyed or damaged. Write down how much you paid or what it would cost to replace.
- Step 6: If you have them, collect and organize all receipts and bills. This helps document the age and purchase price of your damaged items.
- Step 7: Obtain a detailed estimate for all short term and long term repairs. Get your own estimate! Do not rely on what your insurance company tells you.
- Step 8: Keep and organize all receipts of all hurricane-related expenses. Most policies will reimburse you for this. Also, keep a ledger of time and energy spent cleaning, mitigating, and repairing your home. This can sometimes go toward your deductible.
The Chopin Law Firm LLC can effectively handle a variety of accident and property damage cases. Contact us at (504) 475-2429 today for a free case evaluation!
Why Call Our Insurance Claim Lawyers?
- 10/10 Rating from Avvo
- Selected for Super Lawyers®
- 5-Star Reviews from Our Past Clients
- 100+ Years' Combined Experience
- Free Case Evaluations
- Your Calls Go Directly to an Attorney's Cell Phone
I was amazed at how quickly they were able to settle my case.
“My company U.S. Gold and Silver, Inc. used the Chopin law Firm. They were very professional at all times. They kept me in the loop throughout the process.”
He had our best interests at heart.
“I was very pleased with the services provided to my mother and I by Justin Chopin. He was very responsive.”
Diligent and Knowledgeable Lawyer
“I felt at ease. I was involved in an auto incident. In short form, Justin worked diligently to get a favorable outcome under the circumstances we had to work with.”
Your Calls Go Directly to an Attorney’s Cell
Over 100 Years of Legal Experience
If We Don’t Win, You Don’t Pay