Adam P. SandersonAttorney
Adam Sanderson brings nearly twelve years of legal experience and dedicated client service to The Chopin Law Firm. Adam is a seasoned trial lawyer, having represented individuals and businesses of all types in state and federal court venues in a wide variety of complex commercial, property damage, and personal injury matters. Adam’s litigation practice has included all fields of personal injury, including admiralty and maritime, auto and trucking accidents, wrongful death, and workplace injuries.
Much like the other attorneys at The Chopin Law Firm, Adam has spent his entire career representing insurance companies and employers in defending personal injury claims arising under state and federal law. As a result, when Adam handles your personal injury claim, he already knows how the insurance company will treat your claim and be able to predict what opposing counsel will do. In short, you cannot ask for a more well-rounded litigator who will work tirelessly for your case.
Adam is passionate about the process of prosecuting your personal injury claim—the investigation, discovery, preparation and presentation of a case to completion—which is key in ensuring favorable outcomes for his clients. As supported by peer recognition, he has developed a reputation for his skill in transportation, admiralty and maritime litigation, including acknowledgments in Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars and New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers. He has represented a variety of clients locally and nationwide.
Prior to joining The Chopin Law Firm, Adam served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Kay Bates, Judge for the 19th Judicial District Court of Louisiana. “Clerking for a judge was an incredible experience. I was exposed to many different and interesting areas of law. I managed one of the state’s busiest civil dockets and participated in numerous bench and jury trials which is an advantage for my clients.” Following the judicial clerkship, Adam had the privilege of practicing for eleven years at a preeminent New Orleans defense firm, concentrating on admiralty, maritime, trucking and transportation litigation. He handled a broad spectrum of complex suits for both plaintiffs and defendants and earned a partnership with that firm.
Adam has been active in the community, volunteering on ethics and professionalism panels at local law schools. He also devotes his time to charity golf events in his hometown of Baton Rouge. He loves playing golf, watching the Louisiana State University’s Fighting Tigers, and spending time with his wife, three boys, and dog (Kathryn, Ford, Beck, Ren, and Arthur).
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, JD and Certificate in International Law
- Louisiana State University, BA
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – Transportation/Maritime Law (2014-2018)
- New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers – Admiralty & Maritime Law (2013, 2016)
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Greater New Orleans Barge Fleeting Association, Member
- Offshore Marine Service Association, Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Former Volunteer, Ethics and Professionalism Panels at Loyola University New
- Orleans Law School and Tulane University Law School
- Comment and Casenote Editor, Loyola Maritime Law Journal
- Articles and Comment Editor, Loyola Law and Technology Annual