Meteorologists have estimated that Hurricane Laura made landfall in Louisiana as the most powerful hurricane the region had seen in more than 150 years. The widespread devastation left behind suggests the meteorologist estimations are accurate. More than a dozen deaths have been attributed to the hurricane and the complications it caused later, such as knocking out power for thousands. An unknown but assumedly high number of structures have been totaled or significantly damaged by Hurricane Laura, too. Drones have been used throughout the state to survey the devastation.
To make the situation even worse, people now need to file property damage claims with their insurance providers who might not take each claim seriously. Historically, survivors of devastating hurricanes and powerful storms have encountered resistance from insurance providers due to the sheer number of claims filed in a brief period of time. Insurers can be tempted to deny, undervalue, or delay claims to try to save their bottom line with so many pending claims.
This is where The Chopin Law Firm LLC can step in and stand up for your rights as someone who has already lost too much in Hurricane Laura to also have to deal with insurance company interference as well. We are proud Louisianans with an office in New Orleans but who provide legal representation to homeowners and business owners throughout our great State. Allow us to use our insight and experience to properly manage and progress your Hurricane Laura damage claim.
We are currently hearing from clients from some of the most damaged towns and regions, such as:
- Rutherford Beach
- Grand Chenier
- Grand Lake
- Holly Beach
- Johnson Bayou
- Lake Charles
Call (504) 475-2429 now if your home or business has been devastated by Hurricane Laura and you now need to file a property damage insurance claim.
What Can Our Attorneys Handle for You?
Property damage claims are practically designed to not be easy for the policyholder. In the wake of a hurricane as powerful as Hurricane Laura, matters are likely to be even more complicated when filing a property damage claim. Give yourself a break from all the busywork and stress by allowing our Hurricane Laura damage lawyers to manage your claim for you.
When we represent you, we would be happy to do the following and more:
- Review your claim to ensure your policy includes damage caused by Hurricane Laura. Some policies have loopholes that exclude certain types of damage, such as paneling torn off in a gale. When a policy has unreasonable exclusions, we might be able to challenge it as a one-sided agreement, which is legally problematic.
- File your claim with all necessary information filled out and before you miss the filing deadline. Our attorneys always thoroughly check all claims and applications for any possible errors to minimize the chances of denial or delay.
- Answer responses from the insurance company, which will likely want more information or verification of certain details before your claim is approved. We will also prepare for a claim denial early, so we can get your case moving quickly again.
- Use an appeal to reverse an unfair claim denial. If your claim was approved, but the insurer wants to pay you a lowballed amount, then we can challenge that decision as well.
- Move to litigation when an insurance company refuses to accept your claim despite its validity or will not offer a fair settlement to close your case. Our attorneys are always ready to go to court for our clients, especially when their cases involve something as life-changing as Hurricane Laura.
Start your Hurricane Laura damage claim today by calling (504) 475-2429 and arranging a no-cost initial consultation with The Chopin Law Firm LLC in Louisiana today.