New Orleans Car Accident Lawyer
A Tradition of Excellence Helping Auto Accident Victims
Some of the most common accidents in this day and age involve automobiles. In fact, car accidents are among the leading causes of injury and death in the United States. When car accidents happen, it is important to have the legal help you need in order to uphold your rights and ensure that you get the compensation you need and deserve from insurance companies and other parties involved.
At The Chopin Law Firm LLC, our personal injury attorneys in New Orleans are passionate about securing the future of our clients. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident that was due to the negligence of another, don’t hesitate to enlist our experienced legal help! We are backed by more than five decades of legal experience and offer free case evaluations.
Call (504) 475-2429 to learn more about your legal options from our New Orleans car accident attorneys.
Major Causes of Car Accidents
Determining the cause of a car accident is crucial to getting the compensation you need. The Chopin Law Firm LLC conducts thorough investigations in order to determine who may be held liable for your injury.
Car accidents are commonly caused by:
- Drunk Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Poor Road Design
- Defective Car Parts
- Violation of Traffic Laws
- Unsafe Lane Changes
We can review the details of your accident and discuss how your injuries have affected your life. After looking carefully at all the evidence available, our team will craft a case that is fit to meet your needs and circumstances.
What To Do After an Auto Accident
- Remain at the scene - Never leave the scene of an accident, even if you were not at fault. Fleeing a scene can lead to criminal penalties.
- Check for injuries on yourself and passengers. If anyone is in need of medical attention, call for an ambulance.
- Call the police. When police arrive at the scene, they will evaluate the accident and write up a police report. Be sure to ask where you can receive a copy of the report.
- Gather information about the other driver's insurance, license plate, contact information, and addresses.
- Take photos of the damage and the surrounding scene.
- Seek medical treatment - Not all injuries show up immediately, so it is a good idea to see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure you did not sustain any internal injuries.
- Contact an attorney - Before talking to insurers, consult an attorney to learn your rights and how to file an effective car accident claim.
Our Car Accident Attorneys in New Orleans Are Ready to Help!
The sooner that you retain the services of a New Orleans injury attorney, the sooner that we can begin thorough investigation and case preparation on your behalf. With extensive experience on both sides of the table, our firm can effectively handle your case throughout every step of case proceedings.
Contact us today and speak directly to an experienced lawyer in a free evaluation!